Monday, May 14, 2012

Jugamos Soccer


Today was another wonderful day here in Chile!  The day began with our last lecture at the University.  All of the project groups presented our company presentations to Jorge, Sarah, Jaime, and the class.  I think everyone’s power points have improved very much since the first drafts!  After we presented our power points we asked Jaime additional questions regarding Chile and it’s economy.  After the lecture, we ate our last meal at the university (thankfully) and we headed back to Hotel America.  I went to a Chilean Laundromat during our break between our lecture and our soccer games. They do everything for you at Laundromats in Chile, it’s very nice!  After I dropped off my laundry, my fellow students and I were off to play soccer all afternoon!  We all had so much fun! I scored a goal and played some superstar defense. I even made some of the players fall down when I was defending my team’s goal! Whenever I get home I would love to continue to play soccer with my friends.  I wish it was more popular in the United States! Whenever we were done playing soccer, we headed off to the mall for some shopping.  I really like walking through the mall and seeing all the different stores that can’t be found in the United States.  I noticed that some of the brand name goods in Chile are much more expensive than in the United States.  I am not quite sure why this is, but I think I am going to ask a Chilean tomorrow!  Because of this, I didn’t buy much inside the mall.  Instead I bought some things at the outdoor shops again!  I really have been enjoying communicating with the Chileans while doing things like shopping and ordering food at meals.  I feel accomplished when I can communicate with the Chileans with the Spanish I have learned in school!  When we got home from the mall, my friends and I feasted on some empanadas and went back to the hotel to take some naps before we went out for Karaoke night with the Chileans.  Today was a fabulous day and I can’t wait for another one tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment