Wednesday, May 16, 2012

TEAM SANGRE



Today everyone had a free morning.  My friend Evan woke me up at the crack of dawn to make the most of our free day.  Evan, Stefan and I began our free day by getting some pastries and going shopping in some markets near our hotel.  After we bought some souvenirs, we decided to rent a four-person bike to ride around Vina with one of our trip advisors, Sarah.  This was quite the adventure.  Only three wheels worked so we got into multiple bike accidents.  At one point of our cruise, I ended up in a bush when our breaks failed. Our adventure ended when we crashed into a cement wall and broke the bike in order to avoid traffic.  We decided to return the bike after this.  When we returned back to Hotel America, it was time to go play paintball with the Chilean Students.  Paintball was much more violent than I expected it to be! We got to wear big one-piece suits to protect our clothes from the paint and sand we had to roll around in.  I made it out of the two paintball games with only a few battle wounds.  Unfortunately I was a little too trigger happy and ran out of paintballs before we were done playing.  I must admit I was happy to be done playing early!  My poor friend Molly got shot right in the head at the end of the last game.  Thankfully she is recovering.  We ended the day with a huge meal at an Italian restaurant nearby our hotel.  Now it’s time to get ready and head out to Café Journal with everyone.  Jorge told us all that tomorrow is the best day of the trip so I am looking forward to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment