Sunday, May 13, 2012

Tierra Del Fuego


Today was our first free day on the trip.  I took advantage of being able to sleep in! When I woke up, a few friends and I went on an adventure through Vina del Mar.  We went to a bakery and ordered some delicious Chilean treats.  My friend Evan ordered an adorable dessert! It was a chocolate covered pig made of chocolate cake.  After we explored Vina, we headed to the mall.  The mall huge! It was four stories and full of many stores I have never seen before.  There were also many outdoor vendors and shops outside of the mall.  I did all of my shopping at the outdoor shops!  Shopping inside the mall seemed to be very expensive, I didn’t want to spend too many of my pesos!  After the mall we headed out to our surprise dinner Jorge and Sarah had planned for us.  We all got dressed up and went to a restaurant called Tierra Del Fuego. It was a beautiful restaurant located right on the beach.  The food was delicious and we all had a wonderful time together!  Evan entertained us with a live singing performance of some Christina Aguelera songs.  The walk home from dinner was very interesting to say the least.  A man dressed up in a scary alien/robot costume complete with fake weapons chased us down.  I almost cried.  In Chile, many people dress up and perform on the streets to make money, but this was the scariest costume I have seen so far.  When we finally arrived safe back at Hotel America, there were a bunch of dogs mating outside of the hotel. Needless to say, I am happy to be safe inside writing my blog! Tomorrow begins a new week full of lectures, company visits, and more adventures!





No comments:

Post a Comment