Sunday, May 20, 2012

Leaving Chile


Today was a very very sad day for my fellow students and I.  Today we are leaving Chile.  I woke up early in attempts to have hot water in the shower, but Hotel America disappointed me once again.  The only reason why I’m happy to be going home is to have hot showers again!  After my cold shower I packed up all my things.  I had to check a second bag in the airport due to my excess amount of souvenirs. After we packed all our bags, we went for our last family meal together at Tiki Taco.  We began our trip at this restaurant and we ended it there.  We were all a bit sad at lunch because nobody wanted to leave!  Molly and I shared a plate of fajitas and before we knew it, we were on our way to the airport in Santiago.  When we got to the airport, a few of my friends and I had some Chilean Subway and prepared to board our plane for the ten-hour flight to Dallas, Texas. 

My flight to Dallas was a rough one due to the fact that I sat between the two most inconsiderate passengers on the flight.  The man sitting behind me never stopped talking and every time he laughed he would punch the back of my seat.  The man sitting in front of me had his chair reclined all the way back the whole flight.  This wouldn’t be a problem for a normal sized human being, but this was very uncomfortable for my tall self.  I had to put my feet out in the aisle and they kept getting run over by the food and drink carts.  After that flight, I’m glad to be back in the states!  Now I’m just waiting to board my last flight to Pittsburgh!  I am happy to be heading home, but I am very sad to be leaving Chile. 






I can honestly say these past two weeks may have been the best ones of my life.  I had an amazing time on my Plus3 trip to Chile.  I did not expect the trip to be as wonderful as it was and I didn’t expect to get so much out of it!  I enjoyed learning about the Chilean economy and culture in the lectures along with learning how to dance cueca, salsa, and reggaton.  The company visits were always interesting and informative which added to the curriculum of the trip.  I thought that everything we did was a cultural learning experience while we were there.  I am so so so happy I chose to go on this trip!  I made so many new friends and learned so much about a different culture at the same time.  This trip was definitely the best one of my whole entire life. I plan to go on more study abroad programs in the future as a result of this trip.  Learning all about a different culture and how to do business in a different country was an amazing experience and I’d love to do it again. I’d like to say thank you again to my two wonderful trip advisors Jorge and Sarah.  I could not have had such a wonderful experience in Chile without them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment