Friday, May 18, 2012

Last Day In Chile

I am very sad to say that this is my last full day in Chile.  I have had such a wonderful time!  Today we horseback rode all day it was AMAZING! I was very nervous to ride a horse at first but it ended up being such a great time.  We rode the horses on the beach and up huge sand dunes.  Riding up the sand dunes was scary at times because it felt like the horses could have fell over! One student in our group fell off his horse will the horse was trying to climb a steep dune.  Luckily my horse, whom I named Tom, was a pro at climbing the dunes.  I thought we would be walking on our horses all day, but when we would ride on the beach the tour guide leading our expedition would make our horses run!  It was interesting to see the competitive nature among the horses.  If one horse started running, all of the other ones would take off.  I remember observing the same thing in the movie Seabiscuit.  I liked when the horse ran much better than when it only walked.  Everyone had a great time! When we arrived back to the ranch with our horses, Jorge told us there was going to be a barbeque for us.  It was better than any barbeque I’ve ever eaten!  There were chefs grilling meats, a buffet of side dishes, and wine for us to drink.  Spending the rest of the afternoon at a barbeque sitting around a fire was amazing!  Later in the evening, we went out to get pizza with the Chilean students.  We were all thrilled when the group gave all of us sweatshirts from their university.  The students were such a great help to us while we were here, so we gave them all Pitt t-shirts in return.  It was so sad saying goodbye to the Chilean students! I’m going to miss them a lot when we get home!  I hope we all can continue to stay in touch via Facebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment